Sometimes, I’m just so darn good they can’t believe it… But I think the lighting in our art class studio of an evening is not the greatest, and it kind of helps me:
- Teacher: Hm, I see. You started filling it in.
- Me: Yeah, I put all the leaves’ outlines in [as she had suggested I do first].
- Teacher: You smudged it.
- Me: I what? Where?
- Teacher: Right there, at the top. You smoothened it. On purpose.
- Me: I don’t even own a tortillon. Never knew how to use the things.
- Teacher: You did it with your finger, didn’t you?
- Me: No, just verrrry gentle shading with an F and H pencil first…
Gentle reader, I acknowledge that I have a decent starting base, and that my powers of shading are coming back and it feels pretty darn good but… I also need to show this close-up that shows upon closer inspection and in harsher light, I am really just shading like anybody else with lots of lines, and clumsily too! Just as well this is a 7 year program 😊
Curious to hear if you’re taking classes and what you’re learning! Share in the comments! I will share my progress here on the blog, stay tuned for more fun exchanges with my teachers!